• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Do souls have gender?

That's very interesting but I am not convinced. Our character, sensitivity, preferences can differ considerably in our successive incarnations and I don't see how the propensity argument can explain this.

I don't find that to be the case. I have two well documented past lives and my personality seems quite consistent between the two and my present one.

One was male and the other was female and while displaying the same traits, each different culture and history tended to view them with bias, often deriding them in me as a female. For instance, many people say about my female life, in her photos, she looks mad or bitchy. While my gaze as a male, was described as having eyes that burned like fire. So much so that I was apparently given a gift by a visiting dignitary as a token of deference.

I think there's more evidence in general that most people are consistent in terms of a sense of self and personality. If you haven't experienced this, there's probably a reason behind it. Perhaps you're at a point where you're trying things out and hopping around sort of and your personality hasn't "settled" yet. they say that's what being a teenager is about, trying on roles until you find the one or combine aspects of a few that fit you. that may make sense, if you believe in the soul age.

Hi Marc,

It appears that the reincarnation website at the University of Virginia has changed quite a bit since I was last there. You can try it out here if you would like to check into some of the work that is being continued there by Jim Tucker:

Psi-Encyclopedia is also a good source:

The Psi Encyclopedia appears to reflect a more nuanced approach based on continuing studies in the field. And, an expanded field is certainly bringing in different numbers and showing more dependence on cultural factors, which certainly seem to be capable of changing subjects' willingness to undertake such incarnations. However, there is a whole lot of info to review out there on the way to developing a coherent approach. Good hunting!

Cordially,
S&S

PS--This is also an interesting spot, concentrating on some of the "fall-out" from cross-gender lives:

Thank you, S&S! I will definitely go through these - and perhaps will I even change my mind, who knows? Let's stay humble.

In my very first past life regression I had a glimpse of my soul’s history. I’ve lived as every race but I was a man 80% of the time and a woman 20% of the time. It’s been very consistent, four lives as a man, on life as a woman, four lives as as a man then one life as a woman.

The only other thing that’s been consistent that I’ve seen is I’ve always died in years ending in “4” on the calendar that’s in use at the time. If I’m still around on New Year’s Day 2025, I can relax a little until 2034.

I have never been a man.

As once discussed with a Buddhist monk: Soul is like the Yin and Yang. Some souls will always embrace the masculine and an equal number will always embrace the feminine. Some will embrace both sides. But it will always be equal.

I imagine there is someone out there opposite me that has never been a woman.

Hi Elle,

There is always a dot of Yin in the Yang and a dot of Yang in the Yin, but the size of the dot seems to vary. This makes for a lot of controversy here and elsewhere. ;)

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Elle,

There is always a dot of Yin in the Yang and a dot of Yang in the Yin, but the size of the dot seems to vary. This makes for a lot of controversy here and elsewhere. ;)

Cordially,
S&S
:) As I understand, the physical reality is a materialization of a non-physical reality. So, what quacks like a physical duck here, is a non-physical duck there.

The controversy is a matter of understanding of reality. Emotions blurry the understanding even more.

Hi Elle,

Cordially,
S&S
Of course. This is why in this life even though I am a feminine woman I was still able to step up and help my dad in ways a son should have and I am the one that does the maintenance on my own machinery including timing, repair and replacing parts. Or that I have a side gig that is almost 100% for men in a mostly masculine craft and those men often mansplain my own items to me.

Even with a dot in place, it's like yes, I can hunt and clean a deer but I don't want to. And if I was forced to do it to feed my kids, I would have no problem making a snack, but I'm gonna feel really bad about it and cry.

Everyone has feminine and masculine traits. My husband is sentimental, a feminine trait yet is as redneck as they come and no one would say he was girly.

Everyone has feminine and masculine traits. My husband is sentimental, a feminine trait yet is as redneck as they come and no one would say he was girly.

If you're right, then each soul has both genders at once, not only one of them, as the name of this topic suggests. What a surprise!

Of course. This is why in this life even though I am a feminine woman I was still able to step up and help my dad in ways a son should have and I am the one that does the maintenance on my own machinery including timing, repair and replacing parts. Or that I have a side gig that is almost 100% for men in a mostly masculine craft and those men often mansplain my own items to me.

Even with a dot in place, it's like yes, I can hunt and clean a deer but I don't want to. And if I was forced to do it to feed my kids, I would have no problem making a snack, but I'm gonna feel really bad about it and cry....
I must have missed something. Did you say all this refers to bodiless souls, or to biological bodies?
Or to a combination of both?

What a funny perversion: why should a feminine soul choose to reincarnate into a masculine biological body, or vice-versa?

Then, the homosexuality, is it a purely biological phenomenon, like in many animals, or is it a consequence of a cross-over reincarnation?

Last edited:
Back