Ailish
Administrator Emerita
Triggersdifferent things act as triggers for people.
One of the original questions asked in that thread was:
The city where I live has a very unique sound to it during a storm. Several times my memories of Italy have been triggered by thunder and lightning storms.
One evening I was standing at the window looking out -- and I could see flashes of sheet lightning illuminating the sky -- sometimes seven or eight practically right on top of one another. It was almost dark out but you could see the outline of low lying clouds in the distance. They appeared to touch the rooftops of the houses. When the lightning lit them up from behind -- and the thunder clapped and crackled -- I was no longer in my living room. I was instantly standing in the dirt in the side garden in Italy -- barefooted and drenched by the rain. There were explosions off in the distance and my father was screaming for us to get inside the house. I felt paralyzed -- completely rooted to the spot. I could smell rain -- feel it on my skin as it hit. I could hear the explosions -- my father screaming my sister's and brother's names. I could feel someone pick me up and carry me from where I stood.......
Several times, storms have also triggered memories of my death -- as has the sound of airplanes flying overhead.
I am curious to hear more of your triggers. Has anything given you a flash back or a glimpse into one of your past lives?
Aili
One of the original questions asked in that thread was:
Has anyone else had 'triggers' --that have brought on memories from a past life?
The city where I live has a very unique sound to it during a storm. Several times my memories of Italy have been triggered by thunder and lightning storms.
One evening I was standing at the window looking out -- and I could see flashes of sheet lightning illuminating the sky -- sometimes seven or eight practically right on top of one another. It was almost dark out but you could see the outline of low lying clouds in the distance. They appeared to touch the rooftops of the houses. When the lightning lit them up from behind -- and the thunder clapped and crackled -- I was no longer in my living room. I was instantly standing in the dirt in the side garden in Italy -- barefooted and drenched by the rain. There were explosions off in the distance and my father was screaming for us to get inside the house. I felt paralyzed -- completely rooted to the spot. I could smell rain -- feel it on my skin as it hit. I could hear the explosions -- my father screaming my sister's and brother's names. I could feel someone pick me up and carry me from where I stood.......
Several times, storms have also triggered memories of my death -- as has the sound of airplanes flying overhead.
I am curious to hear more of your triggers. Has anything given you a flash back or a glimpse into one of your past lives?
Aili