• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Soul assignments

spacely

Why was the soul of James Huston assigned to the body of James Leininger? What is the rhyme and reason? Is it random? Is it forced by Spirit Elder that thinks he knows better?

Would you explain what you mean by that? Maybe I should know what you are talking about, but I don't.

Hi Spacely,

From my reading, it appears that not everyone claiming information on how things work seems to tell the same tale. Newton gives some of the "clearest" accounts, but I am not without my doubts. I don't think he is being told everything by his subjects, nor do I find that what he has written is always easy to reconcile with things others have written (e.g., Robert Monroe), or many of the NDE accounts I have read. But it does appear to me that there is a fair bit of consistency on the following: (1) Though some may be barred or delayed, most seem to get to choose whether to come back or not; and (2) we get offered a succinct number of choices if we do want to come back.

Number (2) is the one that catches my attention. In no case that I have read does it appear that a soul/spirit gets to choose "anything" they want. And, admittedly, there may be availability issues in terms of some choices. (After all, the number of peasant slots have historically always outnumbered the number of Emperor slots). However, it always seems that someone else or some group appears to dictate our limited spectrum of choices.

Ostensibly, we are offered choices based on a plan for growth and spiritual development (also dictated by someone else). Most seem to consent and agree with the system as well as the plan for growth. So, I can't say that this is non-consensual, but overall it is hard to escape the idea that others are in ultimate control.

As a parent and grandparent, I have often pulled out two or three boxes of breakfast cereals (or varieties of Yogurt), and asked a kid to choose the one they want. The choice is there, but the choice of what to offer was mine. Of course, I love them and would not offer them things that I think would be bad for them, but ultimately I am the one dictating their range of choices. If they beg for Oatmeal or a scrambled egg, I may grant their wish . . . or not, but that is my choice as well.

OTOH, they will themselves be grown-ups and probably parents some day. So, . . . .

Cordially,
S&S

PS--A paternalistic (or maternalistic) system perhaps, unless the nay-sayers are correct and it is all part of a plot to keep us trapped in the reincarnation cycle. You'll have to take your pick.

And what about self-regulation? :D😂 Carol Bowman has documented a lot of same-family reincarnations. I presume that in such cases the individual was in control when choosing to go back again.

And what about self-regulation? :D😂 Carol Bowman has documented a lot of same-family reincarnations. I presume that in such cases the individual was in control when choosing to go back again.
Hi Firefly,

Well, at the least, it would have been one of the limited spectrum of choices offered. ;)

I do wonder about family reincarnation. For some it seems to be almost habitual, especially in certain tribal groups. For others, hardly ever. OTOH, since groups of people tend to be associated in some way across may reincarnations, it seems that reincarnating in a certain location or family (extended or otherwise) would likely be a group decision. Otherwise, the groups would break apart. What do you think?

Cordially,
S&S

What do you think?
To be honest: I don't know. It seems that there are multiple systems at work at the same moment and the mix seems to work. I have never thought that Life can be explained from one point of view and until now I've only found more evidence for the multiple systems than otherwise.

This reminds me of my friend who tries to conceive a child. For the fourth time in a row, she became pregnant in January. It's killing her nerves because she was never able to keep the child. We started 'joking' that this little guy (we all see a little boy coming) is determined to be born a Virgo in September. But why does it take so long for him to finally get born? I certainly pray for her that this year will be her lucky year.
My intuition (not based on any fact) said that it might have to do with the other souls that are getting born and with whom he will have plans for the future (friends, lovers, co-workers and so on). Maybe there were some changes in plans on behalf of some of the others and they had to reschedule again and again to create their perfect planning for their future?

I guess that when you just jump onto Earth to have a good time without any plans or schemes, you'll get some advice from others about returning in a next life. Just speculation.

I did have a strong dream once about the time before birth. Apparently, my current husband and I had made agreements and at the crucial moment for him to descend to Earth, he had second thoughts. He had made himself comfortable in a HUGE library and he was fine there. He could look down to Earth Life and only saw suffering, pain and political instability. I became pushy and forced him to stick to our plan. He had to go first and there was only a small window of opportunity to do so. If he missed it, our mutual plan would fail too.
Weird, weird dream it was.

Someone linked this video in another thread: This guy remembers life-between-lives, how he chose to reincarnate for the first time and how he went through the process of choosing his current life and body.

If you don’t have the time to listen to the whole video, listen to the part starting at 38:17 where he explains based on his own experience how souls are matched with a certain body to incarnate in. The part about the probability tree is also very interesting (15:28).

Reincarnation doesn't make sense. Any entity that can absorb multiple human lives is no longer itself human. What's its favorite color? What's its favorite food? What's its favorite anything? Which personality does it have? And when it dives into the next little human being, because of the amnesia, that human can't even leverage any of the experiences of that soul. What's going on?

I think these beings are complex aliens. We are not them, and they are not us. They are inside of us just to gather the experience. They may not even add anything to our lives. They are just recording us. Collectively, they are the akashic record.

Reincarnation doesn't make sense. Any entity that can absorb multiple human lives is no longer itself human. What's its favorite color? What's its favorite food? What's its favorite anything? Which personality does it have? And when it dives into the next little human being, because of the amnesia, that human can't even leverage any of the experiences of that soul. What's going on?

I think these beings are complex aliens. We are not them, and they are not us. They are inside of us just to gather the experience. They may not even add anything to our lives. They are just recording us. Collectively, they are the akashic record.
You might be absolutely right. The only solution is to make your own life purposefully to yourself. What activities and situations bring pure joy to your being? Those activities can be big, can be very small but they make your life worth living.

Just start to observe and make your own list. You need to look for the situations that light up a little fire inside of you. This little fire of joy will lift you up to a state of mind in which you just don't care about theories of Life because you feel this life/fire/joy inside.

And I also want to add that it is almost impossible to divide the people around us into them and us. You'll never know where a soul came from. Highly evolved souls might have simple lives, you just don't know. They don't know either. Some souls might have come from far away, or not. Your own amnesia might be so effective that you're not aware of being a complex alien yourself, or not. It doesn't matter. We are in it together and we all want to create the best life ever (for the time being).

The algorithm of Google gave me this video as well after I saw the one that Ocean posted. Christian Sundberg is easy to listen to because he doesn't use the lingo of a lot of others with similar experiences.

The story is mainly the same but still, it contains more bits of interesting food for thought.

Hi Spacely,

What do you mean by the term "alien"? Also, do we have any continuing existence, or do we merely exist as biological entities that terminate at death?

Cordially,
S&S

I remember reading in one of Edgar Cayce's book where he said there were souls having problems in their current lifetime because they came back too soon. He explained they were killed in WWII and simply grabbed the first available body to get back on Earth! That would mean for at least some individuals there is no rhyme or reason for them to be born into the familes they are born into. Personally, I like the thought of that much more than I like the rigid type of theories proposed by writers like Michael Newton. You make do with whatever life you grabbed.

Hi Spacely,

What do you mean by the term "alien"? Also, do we have any continuing existence, or do we merely exist as biological entities that terminate at death?

Cordially,
S&S
If you can have an out-of-body experience where you feel that you're still existing as your current personality but yet not in your body, and your body is not functioning, then you are spirit. And you have lots to look forward to. But I've never had such an out of body experience so I don't know what it's going to be like.

A human personality is formed by having a physical experience, in a physical world, 24/7, solving challenges, being inundated by the five senses. Nothing less than that. And if you lose that, the human personality has nothing to reinforce it. Anything that is opposite of that, is an alien. IMHO

If you can have an out-of-body experience where you feel that you're still existing as your current personality but yet not in your body, and your body is not functioning, then you are spirit. And you have lots to look forward to. But I've never had such an out of body experience so I don't know what it's going to be like.

A human personality is formed by having a physical experience, in a physical world, 24/7, solving challenges, being inundated by the five senses. Nothing less than that. And if you lose that, the human personality has nothing to reinforce it. Anything that is opposite of that, is an alien. IMHO
If you can dream at all that is rich in detail never mind anything lucid then in some sense can pass for an OBE especially if the experience isn't the normal day to day stuff like strange places that don't exist with in this reality or something else out there.

I remember reading in one of Edgar Cayce's book where he said there were souls having problems in their current lifetime because they came back too soon. He explained they were killed in WWII and simply grabbed the first available body to get back on Earth! That would mean for at least some individuals there is no rhyme or reason for them to be born into the familes they are born into. Personally, I like the thought of that much more than I like the rigid type of theories proposed by writers like Michael Newton. You make do with whatever life you grabbed.

This is fairly common while the ideal means there being a break somewhere as an life between lives experience or another incarnation out in the universe before reincarnating back to Earth. A lot of people have rushed incarnations never mind the potential for overlap and multiple concurrent incarnations but that is beyond what most are willing to accept.

Hi Spacely,

I had an experience like that a very long time ago. My account is on site. I'll look it up for you if you wish. However, even the fact that we have a "separable" aspect doesn't really prove that it survives indefinitely after termination of its connection to the body, though having such a separable aspect is perhaps a step in the right direction.

Your explanation of "alien" is vague, but seems to establish a very broad category that would not necessarily include, e.g., physical visitors from other star systems. You seem to be establishing a non-physical category of beings that is not "us" but latch onto "us" as purely biological entities. Are they helpful or harmful? And, if they neither help us nor harm us by their attachment, what are they gaining and what is their purpose?

Cordially,
S&S

PS--After writing the foregoing I went online briefly and found an interesting article related to different types of symbiosis. Commensalism is also a possibility. Here is the article:

Why was the soul of James Huston assigned to the body of James Leininger? What is the rhyme and reason? Is it random? Is it forced by Spirit Elder that thinks he knows better?

Since this case study has made a powerful impact, it could be a sign that the doctrine of reincarnation need to be better understood by humanity for better and faster spiritual growth.

I know of an enlightened sage who had endorsed spreading the doctrine of reincarnation saying it can do a lot to remove the darkness covering the earth and humanity.

Researching and learning about reincarnation and the soul in my youth, I was conscious of its effects on my psyche. The dread of death and loss of loved one's and fear of failure went away bringing great psychological relief and strengthening mental equanimity. Mental equanimity is said to be essential for ensuring present moment awareness and mindfulness.

I notice that I don't cry at funerals while relatives and friends having no belief in reincarnation cry a lot and take a long time to recover. I just send my love and blessings to the departed souls, grateful for his or her presence in my life and wishing them a better life in the next birth.

The present materialistic modern civilization with its focus on 'success', prosperity, competitiveness and being a 'winner' instead of a 'loser' , had exacted a huge mental toll from me in my youth due to parental and societal pressures. Many in youth and middle age had succumbed to the pressure taking their own lives due to low self-esteem.

Knowledge of reincarnation helped me to avoid such pitfalls and life hurdles better knowing that life is eternal and the physical body is just a temporary dressing. Hence I believe belief in reincarnation can be a useful tool to many others as well, and many who had opted to take their lives would not have done the same if they had known and understood the process of reincarnation.

With knowledge of reincarnation also comes knowledge of karma. One reaps what one sows, in this life or the other. So one has to be very conscious of one's thoughts, words and deeds so as not to create any bad karmas which may boomerang back.

So there are a lot of positives that can come about with knowledge of reincarnation, imho.

I notice that I don't cry at funerals while relatives and friends having no belief in reincarnation cry a lot and take a long time to recover. I just send my love and blessings to the departed souls, grateful for his or her presence in my life and wishing them a better life in the next birth.
No, but I'd cry upon realizing as a soul I have to do this all over again, when in fact I'm fine, as-is. Are our personalities not good enough "for them" to exist for ever in the afterlife? Seems a snooty social club, to me.

IMHO

No, but I'd cry upon realizing as a soul I have to do this all over again, when in fact I'm fine, as-is. Are our personalities not good enough "for them" to exist for ever in the afterlife? Seems a snooty social club, to me.

IMHO

:) This brings to mind two analogies: attending and graduating a school, and acting in a play.

Reactions: Tex
With knowledge of reincarnation also comes knowledge of karma. One reaps what one sows, in this life or the other. So one has to be very conscious of one's thoughts, words and deeds so as not to create any bad karmas which may boomerang back.

Do you allow for the possibility that your current understanding about those concepts might be distorted, and that consequently you're acting against your "larger" personality's best interest?

After believing in reincarnation, I, too, found I no longer could feel sad at funerals. (Not one for crying in public, I never cried anyway.) I don't think, however, that those who don't believe in reincarnation have a tendency to cry " a lot" or tend to take a longer time "to recover" than those who do believe in reincarnation. Many who strongly believe in Heaven often feel the departed is in a much happier place, so they don't feel that sad at funerals. I think how much one is going to miss the departed in this lifetime is a bigger factor on how much sadness is felt.

IMHO

It is in their interest to keep everyone in an endless loop never mind zapping the memories and the horrendous life scripts.

I don't know how to interpret this. It can be a cultural thing to cry or just emotional release. In my husband's culture, relatives are supposed to cry and shout at funerals, showing despair. In my culture, people are usually silent. During the ceremonial service before cremation or funeral, we often have a relative telling the story of the life of the deceased, including funny stories for people to smile or even laugh.

I don't see a relationship between not crying and believing in reincarnation. Personally, I see reincarnation as one of the options. There are more options after death. Either way, I always assume the just deceased are in a better place than before and still it is possible to shed some tears. It is just an emotional release—part of the mourning for someone.

Karma with respect to soul assignments is dogma. Originally karma was rebirth with respect to having obeyed the "gods." not according to good or evil acts. The idea of sin being punished was introduced later and has no bearing on reality. Here is an example

No, but I'd cry upon realizing as a soul I have to do this all over again, when in fact I'm fine, as-is. Are our personalities not good enough "for them" to exist for ever in the afterlife?

If there is a choice between reincarnation and being in an eternal afterlife in a pleasant astral dimension, I think perhaps people will tend to choose the latter. It is also possible if the soul had attained a certain level of spiritual development.

The enlightened sage is in a state of bliss which transcends all astral and causal dimensions or states. So the best prayer for a departed soul could be that he or she attains enlightenment.

Do you allow for the possibility that your current understanding about those concepts might be distorted, and that consequently you're acting against your "larger" personality's best interest?

Well, I am open to new helpful ideas and thoughts. Feel free to share your insights.:)

After believing in reincarnation, I, too, found I no longer could feel sad at funerals. (Not one for crying in public, I never cried anyway.) I don't think, however, that those who don't believe in reincarnation have a tendency to cry " a lot" or tend to take a longer time "to recover" than those who do believe in reincarnation. Many who strongly believe in Heaven often feel the departed is in a much happier place, so they don't feel that sad at funerals. I think how much one is going to miss the departed in this lifetime is a bigger factor on how much sadness is felt.
Yes, my perception is that the soul is innately divine and is bound to experience eternal bliss and joy which it attains upon enlightenment. Even villainous characters like Hitler and Nero is bound to experience Self-realization in some lifetime or point in the future.

You are bound to experience what you truly are at some point, even though the psychological impressions and social conditioning may steer one in the direction of vice, which is nothing but strong desires in the form of cravings and aversions leading to unconscious actions that generate karma.

It is reaction that produces karma and not conscious action.

Many who strongly believe in Heaven often feel the departed is in a much happier place, so they don't feel that sad at funerals.

This need not be the case during suicides or other forms of death. Most religions state that the soul which departed in this form of death without exercising values of courage and character would have to move to the lower dimensions as opposed to the heavenly dimensions.

I don't see a relationship between not crying and believing in reincarnation. Personally, I see reincarnation as one of the options. There are more options after death. Either way, I always assume the just deceased are in a better place than before and still it is possible to shed some tears. It is just an emotional release—part of the mourning for someone.

For me, the total extinction of a person or animal beloved to me, is very painful.

The belief in reincarnation I suppose eliminates much of the grief, as it implies an eternal soul or Self to me. It would mean that the person or animal is just resting in an another dimension instead of total cessation of existence, with the prospect of enlightenment and deep joy in the future.

It would also mean a chance for me to meet them in the afterlife or future life and have great experiences again.

Back