• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Songs You Are Listening To -- Part II

Not going to share any music if that's okay but I did read an article about what music taste says about personality. I usually prefer music with a lot of emotion to it rather its the lyrics or just the mood of the music. Apparently it's true that people like me who prefer emotional music are empathic. Ive never really thought of myself as empathic though this seems to be more proof that I am. I've also read that those who like pop music tend to be more outgoing. Since I can't stand most pop music especially more modern pop music I must be more introverted.

Not going to share any music if that's okay but I did read an article about what music taste says about personality. I usually prefer music with a lot of emotion to it rather its the lyrics or just the mood of the music. Apparently it's true that people like me who prefer emotional music are empathic. Ive never really thought of myself as empathic though this seems to be more proof that I am. I've also read that those who like pop music tend to be more outgoing. Since I can't stand most pop music especially more modern pop music I must be more introverted.
I am an introvert and I loved and still do, all sorts of music. Pop, rock, blues, new wave, metal, etc. But, l did stop listening to pop in the mid 2000's. My complaint is that it all sounds the same. Can't tell male singers apart, can't tell female singers apart. Very different than our parents not liking the style. It's due to the over use of autotune.

How you tell if your an introvert is how you recharge your batteries. If you like to do it alone, introvert. If you recharge with a lot of people, extrovert.

I am an introvert and I loved and still do, all sorts of music. Pop, rock, blues, new wave, metal, etc. But, l did stop listening to pop in the mid 2000's. My complaint is that it all sounds the same. Can't tell male singers apart, can't tell female singers apart. Very different than our parents not liking the style. It's due to the over use of autotune.

How you tell if your an introvert is how you recharge your batteries. If you like to do it alone, introvert. If you recharge with a lot of people, extrovert.
Yeah I stop listening to pop around 2012 because of singers like Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga. This might sound really weird and stupid of me but I really think pop needs to go back to how censored it was in the 60s and 70s. Even as recently as when I was growing up in the early 2000s music was a bit more censored.

I was listening to old Cossacks songs when I found this guy who sings in old language that was spoken 1000 years ago. I don't know why but this cover gives me chills. I know the russian lyrics of the original song. " Black Raven" Sad song about a Cossack dying on the battle field far from home, he talks to a raven close to him. Black raven why are you flying above me, I'm not yours, fly to my Don land and tell my mother I died for my homeland , fly to my bride and tell her she can marry another one. ... Now black raven I'm yours...

Last edited:
Back